At Apple Annie’s Bake Shop, we try to make everything as simple as possible for the customer. So when you order a cake – all you’ll experience is placing your order and then coming to pick-up the custom creation exactly when you want it.
But, have you ever wondered what happens once you place your order – before you receive your cake?
Each day we bake hundreds of items fresh at the bakery. This includes cakes. When you bake a cake at home you’re likely only making 1 or 2 cakes. When we bake them here, 1 batch of white cake makes about 120 cakes – that’s 120 greased cake pans, about 20 sheet pans for baking, and 1 really big oven. And we go through multiple batches of cake every week!
The Apple Annie’s Bake Shop Way
Below is the process we go through to ensure all cake orders are filled on time, we have extras for drop-ins & and all of them are unbelievably fresh!
1. ~120 cake pans are greased & multiple cake pans are put on a sheet pan.
2. Then the cake batter is made. The baker scales and mixes all of the ingredients to perfection. Over 26 pounds of flour goes into 1 batch!
3. The batter is then scaled into each cake pan, being careful not to spill any of it.
4. Next the sheet pans full of cakes are put into the rotating oven & they bake for about 20 minutes.
5. In order to decorate cakes they have to be completely cooled otherwise the icing will melt. So, after the cakes are removed from the oven, we allow them to cool completely, before removing them from the pans to be decorated.
6. The decorators then take the cakes to be iced. First they are filled with your selected filling, then the outside is iced with your selected buttercream flavor or whipped cream.
7. After all of the cake orders are filled and iced, they receive any decorations, writing, pictures, etc. that you requested, as well as, finishing touches.
8. The last step is packaging up your beautiful cake just before you are scheduled to pick it up!
Each cake order is met with the love and care of the bakery. We work very hard from the moment you are placing your order until it is picked up. After that, all you have to do is enjoy!